|Jacky CHAN Chun Pong
|Tuesday 2 – 5pm
|School of Computing and Information Sciences
|Human motion analysis and synthesis, and bioinformatics
Jacky Chun-Pong Chan is currently an Assistant Professor in the School of Computing and Information Sciences. Prior to joining CIHE in 2018, he was a Post-doctoral Teaching Fellow in the Department of Computer Science at Hong Kong Baptist University. He received the BSc degree in Computer Science and PhD degree from the City University of Hong Kong.
- DET306-A Network and Web Application Development (2018/19 Sem1)
- DET205-A Object-oriented Design and Programming (2018/19 Sem1)
- DET405-A Final Year Project (2018/19)
My main research interest is on human motion analysis and synthesis, and bioinformatics. Before joining CIHE, I worked on several projects such as dance learning system using optical motion capture system, motion recognition using Microsoft Kinect, analysis of medical record from patient of Chinese and Western medicine, etc. My current research work is to apply deep learning technique on human motion synthesis.
- Edmond S. L. Ho, Jacky C. P. Chan, Donald C. K. Chan, Hubert P. H. Shum, Yiu-ming Cheung, Pong C. Yuen, "Improving Posture Classification Accuracy for Depth Sensor-based Human Activity Monitoring in Smart Environments", Computer Vision and Image Understanding, Volume 148, Issue C, 97-110, Jan 2016.
- Edmond S. L. Ho, Jacky C. P. Chan, Yiu-ming Cheung, Pong C. Yuen, "Modeling Spatial Relations of Human Body Parts for Indexing and Retrieving Close Character Interactions", Proceedings of the 2015 ACM Symposium on Virtual Reality Software and Technology (VRST 2015), Nov 2015.
- Jacky C.P. Chan, Jeff. K.T. Tang and Howard Leung, "Synthesizing Two-character Interactions by Merging Captured Interaction Samples with their Spacetime Relationships", Computer Graphics Forum (CGF), 32(7), 41-45, 2013.
- Edmond S. L. Ho, Jacky C. P. Chan, Taku Komura and Howard Leung, "Interactive partner control in close interactions for real-time applications", ACM Transactions on Multimedia Computing, Communications, and Applications , 9(3), Article 21, 2013.
- Jeff K.T. Tang, Jacky C.P. Chan, Howard Leung and Taku Komura, "Interaction Retrieval by Spacetime Proximity Graphs", CGF, 31(2), 745-754, 2012.
- Jacky Chun Pong Chan, Howard Leung, Jeff Kai Tai Tang and Taku Komura, "A Virtual Reality Dance Training System Using Motion Capture Technology", IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies, 4(2), pp 187-195, 2011.
- Jacky Chan, Howard Leung and Howard Poizner, "Correlation among Joint Motions Allows Classification of Parkinsonian versus Normal 3D Reaching Movements", IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp.142-149, Apr 2010.