The "Culinary Holiday in Hong Kong" Itinerary Design Competition
Hong Kong tourism industry is adversely affected by the COVID-19 in these years. In order to sustain the tourism industry in Hong Kong, local tours are developed by the practitioners. Besides, Hong Kong is known as the gourmet paradise, eateries can easily be found either in big streets or small lanes. The main objective of the itinerary design competition is to provide a platform for Secondary students to develop their creativity and present unique ideas for promoting local destinations and cuisine to Hong Kong citizens.
The team has to design an itinerary for a 3-day local tour in Hong Kong. The itinerary aims to promote the special gastronomy local tour of Hong Kong by demonstrating the most attractive cuisine and destinations in Hong Kong.
Participates and Competition Rules
- All Secondary 4 – 6 full-time students are welcome.
- Each team shall comprise of 3 to 4 students (all team members must be from the same secondary school).
- The participant teams compete in the First Round Adjudication for the “Votes” for their video posted on the YouTube of Caritas Institute of Higher Education and Caritas Bianchi College of Careers (CIHECBCC) between 22 April and 22 May 2022. They can promote their videos by voting them and sharing the video links with their friends for this competition.
- The top four teams earning the most number of “Votes” will be eligible for the Final Round Adjudication, which will be judged by a panel of judges organised by Rita Tong Liu School of Business and Hospitality Management (the School) based on the participants’ itinerary design, creativity, feasibility of the itinerary, and quality of presentation.
- Duration of the tour: 3 Days 2 Nights
- Transportation Arrangements
- Accommodation Arrangements
- Creative cuisine
- Or any other relevant information
- Format is open, e.g., Video / PowerPoint (with voice) / Drama.
- File size must be under 300MB. File size over 300MB will not be considered.
- Itinerary could be either in English or Chinese to be used in the video.
The Final Round Adjudication and Presentation Ceremony
- 14 June 2022 on the CIHE/CBCC campus or via the Internet, subject to confirmation.
- Attend a briefing session organised by the School will be held on the CIHE/CBCC campus and via the Internet on Friday, 4 March 2022. It aims to introduce knowledge and skills of designing itinerary.
- Submit the video on or before Tuesday, 19 April 2022 (before 5:30 pm) to a sharing platform, e.g. Google Drive or One Drive, and send the shared-link to the School by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Only one video is allowed to be submitted by each team.
- The participants’ videos will be posted on the CIHECBCC YouTube channel between 22 April and 22 May 2022 for the First Round Adjudication for “Votes”.
- The top four teams earning the most number of “Votes” will be invited to participate in the Final Round Adjudication and Presentation Ceremony on Wednesday, 25 May 2022 (subject to confirmation).
- The Final Round Adjudication and Presentation Ceremony will be held on the CIHE/CBCC campus or via the Internet on Tuesday, 14 June 2022 (subject to confirmation).
||Dinner buffet for 4 persons at The Place (Cordis Hotel) and Certificate for all members
||Dinner buffet for 4 persons at Café (Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin) and Certificate for all members
||HK$1,000 Gift Card (The Royal Garden) and Certificate for all members
- The submitted video must be the participants’ original work, which is not submitted to any other competitions or prior publication. The participants should not infringe any copyright and intellectual property rights and are responsible for any disputes in their video contents. The School accepts no responsibility for such disputes.
- The copyright of all submitted videos is vested solely in the School. The participants participating in this competition are assumed to agree that the School can execute by its discretion to use, modify, display, reprint, or reproduce their videos for any purposes. The School is not required to notify the participants and pay the copyright fees.
- The submitted videos must not contain any violent, obscene or indecent contents.
- The videos cannot contain any organisation names, brands, trademark-products or services or any promotional messages.
For enquiries, please contact Miss Lau (3702-4578 or email@example.com).
Remarks: Rita Tong Liu School of Business and Hospitality Management reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the competition. In case of any disputes, the School reserves the right of final decision.